Whether you’re a travel blogger like me, a business traveller, or you just want to keep the kids amused during a long trip there are certain tech-savvy travel gadgets that can make the journey a lot easier and your trip a whole lot more fun. I travel for lots of reasons; for business, as a travel blogger and, of course, for pleasure. There are certain travel gadgets (yes, I have a secret gadget geeky side) that I never leave home without; here’s how I gear up for travel.
- Sony noise cancelling headphones – stay sane on the plane
- Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa, 7″ Display, 16GB – take as many books as you like without using up precious luggage space. A bright display and decent 7 hour battery life means it doubles up as an affordable media tablet
- Turtl Travel Pillow – helps you snooze without getting a stiff neck
- Cashmere Travel Wrap – Feel like you’re travelling business even when you’re not
- Eye Mask – to help sleep and keep the jet lag at bay (use with 3 for added comfort)
- Anker power bank – will fully charge my mobile up to three times to stay constantly connected
- Luggage Tracker – never lose your luggage again
Business travel is a whole different ball game. Sometimes you’ll go straight from a flight into a meeting and will need to arrive refreshed, smartly dressed and ready to hit the ground running.
- Portable garment steamer – for important wrinkle-free meetings
- Worldwide Travel Adaptor with USB ports – the only adaptor plug you’ll ever need
- Portable laptop lock – Stop your laptop/notebook and all your information from being swiped
- Electronics Organizer – all your gadgets, cables and techie gear in one neat, waterproof case
- Dual Voltage Hot Brush – I take my dual voltage hot brush on my trips away so I can style my hair in the usual way whether I’m in the US or Europe
There are times when I’m working that I need my mobile phone with me where ever I might be – a ride out on a jet ski happened to be one occasion (I love my job!). I took my waterproof mobile phone pouch with me. It’s ideal because you can answer your phone, without taking it out of the pouch, and take photos and video. You wouldn’t know from the pics I took that they were taken from inside the pouch. Also if the pouch happens to fly off from around your neck (not sure how exactly this would happen…) it floats so all is not lost. This was one really useful little pouch.