Whether you’re a regular traveller like me, a business traveller, or you just want to keep the kids amused during a long trip there are some essential travel items and gadgets that can make the journey a lot easier and your trip a lot more fun.
I travel for lots of reasons; for work, as a travel blogger and, of course, for pleasure. There are certain travel items and gadgets that I never leave home without (yes, I have a travel gadget geeky side).
There are more and more innovative travel items and gadgets on the market than ever before to make travel less stressful and more enjoyable – even the airport bit. Here’s how I gear up for my trips with some essential travel items.
Business travel items
Business travel is a whole different ball game. Sometimes you’ll go straight from a flight into a meeting and will need to arrive refreshed, smartly dressed and ready to hit the ground running.
- Portable garment steamer – for important wrinkle-free meetings
- Worldwide Travel Adaptor with USB ports – the only adaptor plug you’ll ever need
- Portable laptop lock – Stop your laptop/notebook and all your information from being swiped
- Electronics Organizer – all your gadgets, cables and techie gear in one neat, waterproof case
- Dual Voltage Hot Brush – I take my dual voltage hot brush on my trips away so I can style my hair in the usual way whether I’m in the US or Europe
- Bluetooth speaker keeps my favourite sounds going in my hotel room, on the beach or by the pool.
- There are times when I’m working that I need my mobile phone with me where ever I might be – a ride out on a jet ski happened to be one occasion (I love my job!). I took my waterproof mobile phone pouch with me. It’s ideal because you can answer your phone, without taking it out of the pouch, and take photos and video. You wouldn’t know from the pics I took that they were taken from inside the pouch. Also if the pouch happens to fly off from around your neck (not sure how exactly this would happen…) it floats so all is not lost. This was one really useful little pouch.
Of course you’ll also need luggage for your trip. Check out my best travel backpacks guide to help you choose the best backpack for you and your trip.
What gadgets join you on your journey? – Let me know so I can check them all out!