As I walked the porticoes of Bologna it wasn’t long before the quirky knobs and knockers that peered out from the heavy wooden doors caught my eye. I couldn’t help but notice the wide variety of door furniture adorning the city’s thresholds. As I passed by entrances and doorways small human faces peered silently at me; some serene some grimacing. Gaping keyholes awaiting heavy metal keys yawned at me. Ornate, detailed; plain, simple all shared the purposes of announcing a visitor. Gleaming brass reflected the sunlight or unpolished and dull faded into the wood. Take a look – do you have a favourite?
- Exploring Northern France with DFDS
- A weekend break in Suffolk – beach huts, piers and boutique hotels
- Gourmet Dining and El Capricho at Iberostar Grand Hotel Portals Nous
- A Day in Mykonos – My Perfect Destination for ‘Plan a Cruise Month’
- A World of Wander at Majorca Boutique Hotel Iberostar Grand Portals Nous